- This event has passed.
2020 JLTASA Year 6/7 Hiragana Competition
20 October 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
JLTASA Year 6/7 Hiragana Competition 2020: Fully Booked
Date: Tuesday 20th October 2020 (Week 2, Term 4)
Time: 9:30am to 11:30am
Venue: Education Development Centre, Milner Street, Hindmarsh
This year’s JLTASA Year 6/7 Hiragana Competition will run more like Hub Group Hiragana Competitions, where any schools are eligible to attend.
Each team will comprise of 4 Year 6/7 students, with a total of 10 teams.
Strict rules will be in place to allow the competition to go ahead in compliance with the EDC and JLTASA COVID Safe Plans
Registrations for this event are now full, please email email@example.com if you would like to be placed on the waiting list.
The competition will include Hiragana words up to 2 characters long. There will be no tenten or maru, long vowel sound or combination Hiragana characters.
- Teams will be seated in 2 lines
- The front student in each team stands up and is shown a slide with Hiragana:
* Round 1– single Hiragana characters
* Round 2– 2 character Hiragana words
* Round 3– Hiragana Quiz
- Students have one opportunity to say the correct answer
- The first student to say the correct Hiragana wins a point
- The judge will indicate the winner and the scorer will record
- If the students draw then “hikiwaki” is called. After 3 draws both students get a point
- The second student stands up then the 3rd and the 4th